Regeneration of catalysts.
The efficiency of hydrotreating and hydrocracking processes is determined primarily by the activity, selectivity and stability of the used catalysts.
While operation on hydrotreating and hydrocracking units, the activity and selectivity of the catalyst decreases to a level, which makes the continuation of the run economically impractical. In many cases, the deactivation occurs due to the accumulation of a coke bed on the surface of catalyst, which thus closes the active centers or leads to considerable adsorption of certain particles in active centers. This type of deactivation is reversible.
During the regeneration process, coke and sulphur are removed from the catalyst surface thereby catalytic properties are restored. Catalyst regeneration can be carried out as at specialized unit and, directly in the reactor, however, this method has significant disadvantages.
"First Regenerating Company" Ltd. together with "Ishimbay Specialized Chemical Plant of Catalysts" Ltd. offer the regeneration of hydrotreating and hydrocracking catalysts at the specialized unit. In this case, the spent catalyst from reactor is delivered to a regeneration unit, and instead of it, the fresh or already regenerated catalyst is loaded into the device.
Rejuvenation of catalysts.
While catalyst operation, its activity decreases not only due to the precipitation of coke and sulphur on its surface, but also due to the formation of conglomerates from the metals, applied on its surface, whereby the reduction of the active surface of catalyst occurs.
This type of deactivation is also reversible, however, carrying out only regeneration isn't capable to restore an initial configuration of the active centers, for this purpose, it is necessary to rejuvenate the regenerated catalyst.
"First Regenerating Company" Ltd. together with "Ishimbay Specialized Chemical Plant of Catalysts" Ltd. offer rejuvenation of the regenerated catalyst on own design technology.
The essence of rejuvenation consists in catalyst treating with a special solution, after which the redistribution of metals deposited on its surface, takes place in the catalyst, as well as changing active centers configuration.
The activity of catalyst after rejuvenation is restored more than for 98% of fresh catalyst level. Rejuvenation allows to significantly increase the lifetime of catalysts without loss of received product quality.
In comparison with the regeneration in the reactor, the regeneration at the specialized unit of "First Regenerating Company" Ltd. has the following advantages:
- the activity of the catalyst is restored to a greater extent that allows to conduct the hydrogenation process for a longer time at lower temperatures;
- the possibility to completely remove sulphur;
- the possibility to save time and money as a result of unloading from the reactor of spent catalyst and replacing it by fresh or in advance regenerated catalyst (reserved loading), running time of process unit increases, respectively, and the quantity of the produced product increases;
- prevention of atmospheric pollution by sulfur dioxide, which generated during the regeneration of catalysts, in connection with the solution of this problem by the organization performing centralized regeneration;
- elimination of reactor anticorrosion protection from sulphur compounds of regeneration gases;
- higher reliability both in terms of carrying out the regeneration process in specially designed equipment, and in terms of catalyst predicting during the upcoming operation.
Regeneration allows to restore the activity of regenerated catalyst for more than 80% of fresh catalyst level, that gives an opportunity of their further use in processes of hydrotreating and hydrocracking.